Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Post Grad!

Sometimes, I think it's super crazy that I'm officially a college graduate...  School started yesterday for BYU-I, and I almost feel like I should be there.  It's crazy i'm not, and it's even crazier that I get to have a summer again!  I get to wear capri's and flip-flops, I need to get a summer job, I'll be able to stay out an play at night... I know those seem like small things, but when you go without them for 2 years, it's kinda a big deal. ;)

Here's what I've been up to the past few weeks:
We were heading out the door to Bannon's first baseball game.

Go Twins!  I don't mean to brag, but you're looking at the #1 pick out of all the boys playing this year... Every single team wanted him.  He's a baseball all-star!
This is the 2nd of 3 Easter Egg hunts we took Bannon to.  I'm the cheerleader. ;)

Traditional dying of the Easter Eggs.

Easter Sunday!

I went hiking with a good friend at Dry Creek up above Alpine.  We went through snow, mud, dirt... haha It was fun to go hiking in April. 

Middle of nowhere?  Yeah... kinda.  

You can kinda see the waterfall.  We're going back later this summer when there isn't still snow.  I'll be sure to post some better pictures. :)

I guess it's time I can share a secret i've been keeping for the past few months.  I have accepted a long-term subbing position at Kearns High School.  The current teacher is going to have a baby, so once I start, i'll be there through the end of the year.  I'm going to be teaching Foods 1, Foods 2, and Food Service, which is like Foods 3.  The past few days, I have gone to observe the students, look over lesson plans, and get a feel for how things go.  I'm excited for this opportunity!  I know going into this, all the students are thinking, "Oh, we'll totally walk all over her.  She's just a sub." HA!  Little do they know, I just got done student teaching, and learned a lot.  So I plan on doing much better than a typical sub would.  I'll be sure to update how things go.  I think that's about it for now.  Bannon was sick today, so we had a sick day.  We stayed in our pajama's all day, and just watched some movies.  It was a fun sibling bonding day. :)  

Well, time to go watch the rest of Revenge!  Catch ya later!




No comments:

Post a Comment