Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Return!


I know, I know... It's been a REALLY long time since I have posted anything.  But, being a teacher is an awful lot of work, and I didn't have hardly any free time...  Before I go any father, I must share my good news!  I'm officially done with student teaching!!!! I passed with flying colors, and now I get to enter into the grown up world.  Yeah... that's a little scary.  During my student teaching experience, I had the time of my life.  I know that teaching Family and Consumer Sciences is what I should be doing.  It just fits, and it feels right.  What a wonderful feeling it is to know that I'm in the right profession.  While some student teach and end up thinking, "well this certainly isn't for me", it only validated that teaching IS for me.  Love it!!


I have thousands of stories from student teaching!  However, a lot of them would take waaaaaaay too long to type, so just ask if you want to hear some.  I will say, being hit on by several Sophomore boys was quite the experience.  I'm gonna miss them. ;)


I do have some happy news to share!  I, fortunately enough, will not have to be teaching-less for long.  I have accepted a long term subbing position at Kearns High School starting at the end of the month, and it will go until the end of the school year.  I'm excited for the opportunity, and know it's going to bring a lot of stress.  But, I'm ready for it!  It's only day 2 since I've finished student teaching, and I already miss it.  I miss the students, I miss teaching, and sadly enough, I miss making lesson plans.  It'll be good to get into the schools again!  


But now, the hunt for a teaching job for the fall is on... And it's scary.  It's scary to grow up!!  Sometimes I secretly think I want to go back to school and get another degree.  Only because I want to be lazy and not search for a job... We'll see what happens.  Fingers crossed that something will work out!


I can't believe it's already April.  That means football season is that much closer to starting. ;)  I went to a Utah baseball game with my mom and Bannon last Friday.  That was.... interesting.  The final score was UCLA 15 Utah 0... Typical.  Haha I only say that because I'm a BYU fan.  But hey, at least I went and supported the Utes in something, right?


I feel like I have so much to say, but yet not much to say at the same time.  I could start telling all sorts of stories, but it's getting late, and I should probably get some sleep.  I need to take my car in for an oil change in the morning... 


I'll be sure to post again soon now that I have some free time.  I'm gonna live up the next month while I have some free time.  Expect to hear some awesome stories of fun adventures soon.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment